Saturday, February 28, 2009



I ride my bike nearly every day (I missed 3 days in Feb. because of rain one day and I guess the other two days were because of laziness, time, or wind), so I set a goal of riding 150 miles for the month. Randy said I should have set it higher (he who rides occasionally and not too far, but at least he rides). With 3 days to go, I had 142 miles in. No problem, right? But the wind has been horrific these past 3 days. Yesterday I got off and walked a little because I was concerned the crosswind was going to blow the bike and me over. Because I set a goal (aren't goals great!), I had to do it today. I rode 3.7 Thurs, 3.0 Fri, then another 3 miles today, with much difficulty, for a total of 151.7 miles for the month. As I started riding around the RV Park today, I saw a big ship and several dolphins "frolicking" (Randy says they are going after fish), so I got a bonus for reaching my goal. I took lots of pics of the dolphins, but none good enough to post. I started the day in shorts (normal for here), but the wind switched to the north and got pretty chilly (still in the 60's), so I put on sweats before I rode this afternoon. I guess I should set a higher goal for March, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on when we are going home. I know I won't ride as much at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment