Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunset




Chapel By the Sea & my sand dollar




I found most of these seashells one day last week, more than the average day. I really don't need this many more shells (I have lots at home from past years), but sometimes I just can't resist. These little shells seem to say, "Pick me." They are so beautiful, some of God's wonderful masterpieces. I am just in awe of the colors, shapes, etc. of God's designs. Each of these shells has been a home to a living creature. Today I found my first sand dollar; they seem to be a rarity this year. It is just over an inch in diameter, but it's hard to find one without any chips or breaks. A few years ago I took home several sand dollars and let the grandchildren choose one, after I told them the largest one was for Grandma. (How could I pick which child could have it? I had to keep it!). Lauren kept picking the largest one, but didn't fuss about it. She just knew that was her favorite. It was the prettiest!! This morning I went to the beach before 7 a.m., knowing I would have time to get back to get ready for 9:30 church. But when I kept finding so many shells, I decided I could go to the 11 a.m. service instead. There is also an 8 a.m. service. During the summer the congregation is about 70 members, but in January and February, the "Chapel By the Sea" expands to 3 services with about 200 people (or more) attending each service (not quite that many at 8 a.m.) The Chapel By the Sea is located at the north edge of the RV Park, about a 10 minute walk from our RV. It's a good experience to have to go to church early to be sure to get a place to sit!! This morning there were also 60 people in the overflow room to watch on closed circuit. The church has sliding glass doors on 2 walls, so it's a quick exit after the service when those doors are opened. It's almost like being outdoors with all the glass.
Enough rambling for tonight!!













We have had some beautiful sunsets here. After I took this picture last night, I turned around and took a picture of the moon, both beautiful!! I was almost finished riding my bike 8.8 miles around and around the RV park, when I stopped for the photo op. It was about 70 degrees (I know it has been warm in KS also!), and I just love riding with a cool breeze!! It was so invigorating, then when I got home, a neighbor asked me to go for a walk. We walked 2 miles around the park. The night sea air feels so good! Lauren (age 8) asked me a couple of months ago why we like to go so many places. Lauren, these are some of the reasons. I love being close to nature and enjoying it to the fullest. (There is also less work in an RV; housecleaning goes pretty fast, but I do miss my dishwasher!)












Yesterday was also laundry day (Randy's favorite day). I'm just too tired after laundry to cook (ha), so we went to Blackbeard's, where I had some charbroiled mahi-mahi (again). It is sooooo good!!! Last time Randy had a seafood platter, but yesterday he had a wonderful hamburger (just a little better than McDonald's). Then we had enough left for supper.






1 comment:

  1. Does laundry day involve Dad actually doing laundry or just driving you there??? Love this sunset pic. You need to make Dad take a pic of you once in a while.

    ReplyDelete