Friday, March 13, 2009



This was the beach on Wed., a beautiful day-80 degrees. Today and yesterday were in the 50's, so there wasn't too much beach activity (although I did see some kids in the water today;brrr!!!). It was cloudy, windy, and chilly. I looked for seashells this afternoon, thinking no one else would be foolish enough to be out there. There were not many of us, and I did find a few things. I also managed to stay dry, which was good. The best place for shells today was right beside the jetty, as the waves came in and out. The waves would bring in shells, then go out, and I would spot a special shell, grab it fast, and run quickly before the waves returned! That is more fun to do when it is warm and I wade in the water. We also had some rain yesterday and today, so I only rode bike 5.2 miles today and none yesterday (we went to Brownsville part of the day, so in my limited time, I decided walking was better than riding in the wind). But, on Wed, the beautiful day with mild wind, I rode 20 miles, through and north of SPI. I guess I got inspired (or challenged)when my sister said she rode 18 the other day. Somehow I think she did it faster; it took me 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment