Randy and I arrived at South Padre Island in time for me to participate in the 25th annual Port Isabel Causeway 5K Walk on Jan. 10. There was also a 10K race, but walking was good enough for me. We started in Port Isabel, walking to SPI, then I walked another mile to our RV. (Randy had taken me over to Port Isabel.) It was my first time and a really lovely day (short sleeve weather) to walk across the 2.5 mile long bridge. The only problem was that the wind wasn't blowing enough to get rid of the fog/haze, so I didn't get the pretty skyline pics that I hoped for. You know how you always see someone from home. While we were waiting for the walk to begin, I met a lady who grew up at Oxford and now lives at Salina. We walked and took photographs together.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cassie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the walk with us. I had no idea you were into walking. Was this a race or did you just participate to enjoy a great walk! Either way I love the idea!
Kris